- These GTCs apply to all contracts for the rental of apartments for accommodation, which are concluded between Limehome GmbH (Limehome) and third parties (guest), as well as for all other services and deliveries provided by Limehome (accommodation contract).
- By making a reservation, the guest offers to conclude an accommodation contract. If the booked apartment is available, Limehome will send the guest a reservation confirmation. By accepting the reservation made by the guest, an accommodation contract is concluded between Limehome and the guest.
- Offers from Limehome in relation to available apartments are subject to change and are not binding. Limehome can, at its own discretion, refuse to conclude an accommodation contract.
- There is no entitlement to use the overnight accommodation service in a particular apartment. Limehome reserves the right to define restrictions customary in the sector, such as minimum stays, booking guarantees or down payments for certain dates.
3. Cancellation deadlines
- A guaranteed reservation exists when the payment of the guest has been received. A guaranteed reservation can be cancelled free of charge by the guest in accordance with the stated cancellation conditions, stating the reservation number. Once the cancellation periods have expired, cancellation is excluded and Limehome retains the right to the agreed remuneration less any expenses saved. The same applies if the guest does not appear (No Show). In the case of guaranteed reservations of several days, all subsequent nights including the second night will be cancelled if the guest does not arrive and the guest has no claim to the subsequent nights.
- Simple reservations, i.e. reservations for which payment by the guest is not yet guaranteed, are valid until 01:00 pm on the day of arrival. After 01:00 pm the reservation expires automatically and free of charge. Limehome has the right to let the reserved apartment to another party.
- For simple reservations received after 01:00 pm of the arrival day, the guest has one hour to make the payment according to §5.
4. Accommodation and other prices
- The prices shown by Limehome at the time of the conclusion of the contract apply. The applicable prices are gross total prices and include all statutory taxes, fees and charges. Not included and charged separately are local taxes that are owed by the guest himself according to the respective local law, such as visitor’s tax.
- In the event of changes in tax, fee and duty rates, as well as the effective levying of new taxes, fees and duties unknown to the parties, Limehome reserves the right to adjust prices accordingly. For contracts with consumers, this only applies if the period between the conclusion of the contract (booking confirmation) and the adjustment of the contract exceeds four months.
5. Terms of payment & billing
- The price of the entire booked accommodation service must always be paid in advance by the guest.
- A set-off by the guest is excluded, unless the set-off concerns an undisputed or legally established claim.
- Valid means of payment are MasterCard, Visa Card, American Express, GiroPay, Sofortüberweisung – cash payments are excluded.
- For fees incurred subsequently due to additional services used or violations of the general terms and conditions, Limehome reserves the right to debit the deposited means of payment with the outstanding amounts.
The guest agrees that an invoice will always be provided as a download or via email in the regular case. Should the guest wish to receive the invoice by post, the delivery time may be extended due to home office regulations and organizational reasons. Limehome also reserves the right to comply with the request for a company stamp or signature on the invoice for the reasons mentioned above.
6. Possible uses of reserved apartments
- A reserved apartment is available to guests from 04:00 pm on the day of arrival and until 10:00 am on the day of departure.
- Unless otherwise agreed, the keys and, if applicable, code cards provided must be handed over to Limehome or a third party named by the accommodation company on the agreed departure date, or, if agreed, left in the apartment. If a handed out key or a handed out key card is lost or not handed in at departure, a fee of 40,00 Euro will be charged. Limehome remains entitled to demand compensation from the guest for any damages incurred by him/her as a resolt, insofar as these exceed the amount of 40.00 EUR. This includes the costs for the replacement of the affected locking system if this is necessary for security reasons.
- On request and depending on availability, a later departure (late check-out) can be arranged with Limehome in advance. If Limehome agrees to a late check-out, Limehome is entitled to charge 10.00 EUR per hour or part thereof for the additional use of the apartment. For departures after 02:00 pm, the foll daily rate of the apartment will be charged. There is no contractual entitlement to a late check-out.
- On request and depending on availability, an earlier arrival (Early Check-In) can be arranged with Limehome in advance. If Limehome agrees to an early check-in, Limehome is entitled to charge 10.00 EUR per hour or part thereof for the additional use of the apartment. There is no contractual claim to Early Check-In.
- The resale/rental and/or the further procurement of booked apartments is prohibited. In particular, it is not permitted to sublet apartments and/or apartment contingents to third parties at higher prices than the actual apartment prices. The assignment or sale of the claim against Limehome is also not permitted. In these cases, Limehome is entitled to cancel the booking, especially if the guest has provided false information about the type of booking or payment to the third party at the time of the cession/sale.
- Any use of the apartment for other than the purpose of accommodation, especially any commercial use by the guest, is expressly prohibited.
8. Liability of Limehome
- Limehome is liable without limitation for damages for which it is responsible from injury to life, body or health. Furthermore, Limehome is liable for other damages, which are based on an intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by Limehome. For simple negligence, Limehome is liable only and limited to the contract-typical foreseeable damage, if a duty is violated, the fulfilment of which makes the proper execution of the contract possible in the first place and on the observance of which you as a guest can regularly rely (cardinal obligation). A breach of duty by Limehome is equal to that of its legal representatives, employees or vicarious agents. Further claims for damages are excluded, unless otherwise regulated in these GTC.
- Should disruptions or defects in the services of Limehome occur, Limehome will endeavour to remedy the situation as soon as it becomes aware of this or upon immediate notification of the guest. The guest is obliged to make a reasonable contribution to remedy the disturbance and to keep possible damage to a minimum. In addition, the guest is obliged to inform Limehome in good time of the possibility of an unusually high damage.
- Limehome is liable for things brought in according to the legal regulations. The claim expires if the guest does not notify Limehome immediately after becoming aware of the loss, destruction or damage of the item brought in, unless this late notification has no effect on the clarification of the facts. If the guest wishes to bring money, securities and valuables with a value of more than EUR 800.00 or other items with a value of more than EUR 3,500.00 into the apartment, this requires a separate written agreement with Limehome.
- If a parking space is made available to the guest, even against payment, this does not constitute a safekeeping contract. Limehome has no obligation to monitor the system. Limehome is only liable for loss of or damage to motor vehicles or bicycles parked or manoeuvred on the property or their contents in the event of intent or gross negligence. The guest is obliged to report any damage immediately, obvious damage, in any case before leaving the parking facility. Limehome is not liable for damage that is the sole responsibility of other tenants or other third parties.
- All claims against Limehome expire in principle within one year from the legal beginning of the limitation period. This does not apply to claims for damages or other claims arising from injury to life, body or health and/or due to grossly negligent or intentional breach of duty by Limehome, as well as in the case of breaches of a cardinal obligation as defined in point 8a.
- Limehome accepts no liability for lost property. Excluded from this is the liability due to intentional or grossly negligent breaches of duty by Limehome. Lost property will only be returned on request for a fee and for a processing fee of EUR 10.00. The tourist accommodation shall undertake to store the documents for a period of six months.
9. Security deposit
- In order to secure all claims of Limehome against the guest from the accommodation contract, the guest makes the following payments before the apartment is handed over
- in case of an agreed transfer period of less than three months, a security of EUR 200.00,
- in the case of an agreed transfer period of three to six months, a security amounting to one month’s premium.
- In the event of an agreed transfer period of less than three months, the accommodation facility may carry out a pre-authorisation on the guest’s payment card to compensate for the security deposit. If the security is not provided by the time the apartment is handed over, the guest has no right to the handover of the apartment. If Limehome has nevertheless given the apartment to the guest, Limehome is entitled to cancel the accommodation contract without notice, if the deposit is not paid within a reasonable period of grace to be set by the accommodation company.
- Limehome is obliged to settle the deposit within one month after the end of the accommodation contract.
10. Customer data
- In order to ensure communication with the guest, Limehome requires the email address and telephone number. In order to verify the identity of the guest, Limehome is entitled to request the following valid identification document (for domestic guests an identity card or passport; for foreign guests the passport), and valid credit card data at check-in digitally.
- If the identity of a guest cannot be clarified beyond doubt due to missing or incorrect documents, Limehome is entitled to cancel the booking.
- Limehome uses software solutions to avoid defective bookings. These solutions use the requested data (email address, residential address, telephone number, credit card, etc.) to determine a so- called “Fraud-Prevention-Score” for each guest and recognize defective bookings. If the software recognizes such a booking, Limehome reserves the right to cancel the booking.
11. Termination of the accommodation contract
- Limehome is entitled to terminate the accommodation contract for good cause. A good cause exists in particular if (i) force majeure or other circumstances beyond the control of Limehome make the fulfilment of the contract impossible, (ii) apartments are culpable booked under misleading or false information or concealment of material facts; (iii) Limehome has good reason to believe that the use of the service may jeopardise the smooth running of business, the security or the public image of Limehome and its locations, without this being attributable to the sovereign or the owner. (iv) the purpose or occasion of the stay is unlawfol; or (v) in the event of resale/rental and/or redirection (see point 7).
- Limehome must inform the guest immediately of the exercise of the right of cancellation.
- In the event of justified termination of the accommodation facility, the guest shall not be entitled to compensation.
- A voucher purchased from Limehome can only be redeemed for services provided by Limehome. If there are remaining credit balances on payments with the voucher, these remain and can be used for further bookings. Vouchers cannot be returned, are not resaleable or transferable and are not redeemable for cash. The orderer of the voucher is responsible for providing the correct data (especially e-mail address) to which the voucher and the invoice should be sent.
- Cancellation policy: Declarations regarding vouchers can be revoked within 14 days without giving reasons in any form (letter, fax, e-mail) or, if the voucher is handed over before the end of this period, also by returning the voucher. The period begins after receipt of this instruction in text form, but not before receipt of the voucher by the recipient. The timely dispatch of the revocation or the voucher is sufficient to meet the revocation deadline. The revocation is to be addressed to Limehome GmbH, keyword: voucher; by sending us a request.
13. No smoking in the apartment
- The Limehome Apartments are non-smoking apartments. It is therefore forbidden to smoke in the common areas as well as in the guest apartments and balcony and/or terrace areas. In the event of an infringement, Limehome has the right to demand an amount of EUR 200.00 from the guest as compensation for the cleaning costs that must be paid separately, including any loss of turnover from a rental of the apartment that is not possible as a resolt. This amount of compensation is to be set higher if Limehome can prove higher damages.
14. No parties in the apartment
- Parties are not allowed in the Limehome Apartments.
- In the event of an infringement, Limehome has the right to demand an amount of EUR 500.00 from the guest as compensation for the cleaning costs that must be paid separately, including any loss of turnover from a rental of the apartment that is not possible as a resolt. This amount of compensation is to be set higher if Limehome can prove higher damages.
15. Damage or theft
- In the event of damage that goes beyond normal use, or theft, Limehome has the right to charge the guest for the damage as well as for the separate expenses incurred to remedy the damage, including any loss of revenue from a rental of the apartment that is not possible as a resolt.
- It is not allowed to bring a pet with you.However, exceptions are dogs for the blind, deaf and other comparable service dogs. These may be carried free of charge and at any time on presentation of proof.
- The guest undertakes to treat the apartment provided, the furnishings as well as the rooms, facilities and equipment intended for common use with care and to ensure proper ventilation and heating.
- Furthermore, the guest undertakes to check the equipment for completeness and suitability for use when moving into the apartment and to notify the accommodation company immediately of any complaints.
- The guest is liable for all damages to the apartment, the furnishings and the rooms, facilities and equipment intended for common use, which he or she or their visitors have colpably caused through use contrary to the contract and which are not due to normal wear and tear. The guest must immediately notify Limehome of any damage to the apartment provided.
- The apartment is regularly cleaned by Limehome. The guest will grant access to the apartment to the service provider commissioned by Limehome.
18. Group bookings/contingent contracts/event times
- For group bookings of more than five apartments and contingency contracts, separate payment and cancellation conditions apply, which resolt from the corresponding contracts.
- Different cancellation periods apply for bookings during event and trade fair times. These are shown in the booking process and on the booking confirmation.
19. Internet usage
- Limehome provides the guest with Internet access within the framework of the existing technical and operational possibilities. Malfunctions, for example due to force majeure, maintenance measures or similar, cannot be excluded.
- The guest may not misuse the Internet connection. An improper use exists in particular in the following cases: Download and distribution of copyrighted content via peer-to-peer sharing platforms, illegal streaming offers as well as the posting, retrieval or transmission of criminally relevant content (in particular §§ 130, 130a, 131 and 184 StGB). The guest is obliged to observe the copyrights, patent rights, name rights, trademark rights and personal rights of third parties. The guest indemnifies Limehome on first request from all claims and claims for damages by third parties, as well as from the costs of legal defence in an appropriate amount, which have been caused by an illegal use of the provided Internet connection by the guest or by third parties with the knowledge of the guest. This claim for indemnification covers in particular claims arising from the infringement of copyrights, patent rights, name rights, trademark rights and personal rights, as well as infringements of data protection law.
- The guest is not allowed to pass on the access data for the internet connection to third parties. In the event of violation, the guest is liable to Limehome for all damages caused by the transfer of access data.
- Limehome also reserves the right to block the guest’s Internet connection in case of legal violations.
21. Final provisions
- Changes and additions as well as the cancellation of the accommodation contract, the acceptance of the application or these General Terms and Conditions must be made in writing. This also applies to the cancellation of this written form clause. Unilateral changes or additions by the guest are invalid.
- Place of performance and payment are the registered office of the accommodation facility.
- Exclusive place of jurisdiction for commercial transactions is the location of the accommodation facility. If a contractual partner fulfils the requirements of § 38 Para. 2 ZPO and has no general place of jurisdiction in Germany, the place of jurisdiction is the registered office of the accommodation facility.
- German law applies. The application of UN sales law and conflict of laws is excluded.
- Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions be or become invalid or void, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected. In all other respects the statutory provisions shall apply.
- The accommodation facility is neither willing nor obliged to participate in dispute resolution proceedings before a consumer arbitration board.
Limehome GmbH | Reichenbachstr. 31 | D-80469 Munich | Enquiries